Here’s a new way to serve up nutritious veggies with protein-packed chicken. It’s tender, flavorful and simple to make. Basically a perfect meal!
This dish is great for meal prep, as it holds up well for several days in the fridge and can be easily packed in Tupperware to eat on-the-go. Enjoy!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What you need
1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into large pieces
1 bunch curly kale, stemmed and roughly chopped
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2” pieces
sea salt and black pepper
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 red onion, sliced
1 Tablespoon fresh sage, minced
½ cup chicken broth
¼ teaspoon liquid stevia
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the butternut squash pieces and blanch for 3 minutes, until almost cooked through.
2. Remove from heat and stir in the chopped kale. Let stand, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Drain the pot and set the veggies aside.
3. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Return the emptied pot to medium-high heat and sauté the chicken with the olive oil, until browned on all sides.
4. Add the onions and sauté for 2 minutes. Mix in the butternut squash and kale mixture and sage. Sauté for another 2 minutes.
5. In a small bowl combine the broth, stevia and Dijon. Pour over the hash and simmer until the liquid is reduced. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 217 calories, 2g fat, 12g carbohydrate, 3g sugar, 208mg sodium, 2g fiber, and 24g protein.